*Disclosure: Keep in mind that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. Keep in mind that I link these companies and their products because of their quality and not because of the commission I receive from your purchases. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.
My all time favorite candy treat is a Peanut Butter Cup. On Halloween, I eat a crazy amount of them. In fact, my kids will actually pick them our for me. It’s a blessing and curse to have such loving children who aide in my PB cub addiction. However, It’s not just me who loves them. Peanut Butter Cups are one of the most popular Halloween treats, according to industry experts. Sadly, they’re loaded with unhealthy fats and sugar.
If you love Peanut Butter Cups as much as I do but want a healthier option, I have a recipe for you.
Healthier PB Cups
- -2/3 Cups of Creamy Nut butter (of your choice, (I use peanut butter)
- -4 tbsp melted coconut oil, divided
- -2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- -2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- -pink Himalayan Salt (to taste)
- -3 tbsp Chocolate Protein Powder (I use this one)
- – Cup Cake liners (I use these) ” data-wplink-url-error=”true”>http://
-Line a 12-muffin tin with muffin liners. Spray the liners with cooking spray if you are using paper liners, no cooking spray needed if using silicone liners like I linked above. Set aside.
-In a mixing bowl make the bottom layer by combining ⅓ cup of nut butter, 2 tbsp coconut oil, 1 tsp vanilla, and chocolate protein powder. set aside
– in a separate bowl make the top layer by stirring together ⅓ cup nut butter, 2 tbsp coconut oil, 1 tsp vanilla, and 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey(I used maple syrup)
-To assemble cups place 1/2 tbsp into each muffin cup, shake the cupcake pan until the layer is even. Place the cupcake pan in the freezer and freeze for 15-20 minutes. (If the bottom layer doesn’t set, the layers mill mix)
After the bottom layer has set.Repeat with the top (peanut butter) layer. Move the tin around till the topping is level.
Sprinkle the pink Himalayan salt on top of each peanut butter cup. Put the muffin tin in the freezer for 30 minutes. Remove from the cupcake pan and store in freezer in an air tight container.
I hope you enjoy them!
Join my email list and receive my free Healthy Snacks and Apps E-book!